A great new book just came out and I think you should check it out: Campfire Tales From Hell: Musings on Martial Arts, Survival, Bouncing, and General Thug Stuff
For one, I wrote a piece for it called “Louis the Legionnaire” about my experience training with a tough-as-nails former Foreign Legion soldier. But there’s more to it than that.
Campfire Tales From Hell is a collection of knowledge and information on dark and difficult subjects you simply will not find easily elsewhere. The reason is that those who write about it usually don’t talk about these kinds of things to people they don’t know very well. There needs to be a high level of trust before they even consider sharing their story.
In this book, you get just that. Even though some of the writers preferred to stay anonymous, they still openly share their experience. Some examples of what you’ll learn about:
- Stage Fighting is not Real Fighting by Michael Johnson
- Let’s Talk Trauma by Eric Gaden
- How to Read Your Opponent by Terry Trahan
- The Independent, A Variation of the Alpha by Michael Johnson
- Talking to Cops by Marc MacYoung
- Everything We Know About PTSD by Dr. Drew Anderson
- Teaching, Training and Conditioning by Rory Miller
- Marc MacYoung Meets Barry Eisler’s John Rain by Barry Eisler and Marc MacYoung
- Zero to Sixty by Alain Burrese
- Bouncer Advice: What Your Sensei Didn’t Tell You by Clint Overland
- How to Stay Out of Trouble as a Psych Ward Patient by “D. Osborne”
- Martial Arts Cults by “Chop Ki”
- Antarctic Martial Traditions by Jesse J. Alcorta
- Kamioooka Prison by “Douglas Hill”
- Checklist for Leaving an Abusive Relationship by “Jael”
These are just a couple of the stories in the book, there’s a lot more. So don’t hesitate and get this puppy right now!
Leave a Reply