On this page you’ll find a number of How-To guides on a variety of topics. These are posts or series of posts I listed here so you don’t have to search the archives.
- How to Visit Another Martial Arts School or Gym.
- How to Train at a New Martial Arts School or Gym.
- How to Piss Off Your Training Partner.
- How to get rich fast teaching martial arts
- Why the untrained fighter kicks your highly trained butt.
- 15 ways to become a better martial artist
- How to get fast hands for martial arts
- How to never stop improving in your martial arts training: Randy’s Law
- How to conquer your fear of fighting
- How to Transition from Competitor to Coach
- How to train for MMA
- How to Keep Your Guard Up in a Fight
- How to Do a Leg Kick.
- How to block a Leg Kick
- How to train the leg kick for MMA
- How to Train the Double Jab on the Focus Mitts
- How to survive a street brawl
- How not to block a punch
- How to avoid getting knocked out in two moves in a street fight.
- How to block a knife attack
- How to learn self-defense from video footage
- How to make a fist: the myths, the truths and everything in-between
- How to fight in an elevator against multiple opponents
- How to learn techniques from video.
- How to Avoid Shoulder Injuries in the Martial Arts
- How to Shadowbox.
- How to Train on a Slippery Surface.
- How to refill a Heavy Bag without Having to Empty it first
- How to train Joint Locks and Limb Destructions on the Heavy Bag
- How to Increase Your Punching Power in Five Minutes
- How to use an android tablet computer for martial arts training and teaching
- How to use the Hyperice Viper 2.0 for Martial Arts and Self-Defense Practitioners
- How to FILL a HEAVY BAG: The RIGHT and the WRONG way
- How to train with edged weapons
- So You Want to Be a Writer.
- How to have a successful martial arts blog
- How to make instructional videos for martial arts and self-defense