Before I get to the leg kick part, something else: it’s been several months since I updated my blog, sorry about that. Life happened and I’ve been crazy busy, that’s the honest truth. However, I haven’t been idle… First of all, I’ve been adding tons of content on my Patreon page. The feedback and support has been amazing and I’ve been kicking myself for not starting it sooner. If you’re not familiar with Patreon, I explained how I am using it here.
Second and most of all: my new book is finished and is in the final stages of production. The title is:
The Leg Kick: Your Ultimate Guide to Using The Leg Kick for Mixed Martial Arts
More details and a special offer below, but first here’s the cover:
I just sent the formatting guys my list of corrections for the first draft they did. I should have a revised version back in a day or so and if there are no other issues, we can proceed to preparing the paper version. Once that is done, I can order a print proof, check it for errors and fix what needs fixing. When that is done, I can upload the files and the book will be on sale a few days later.
I can’t wait…
What’s it about?
Many years ago, I wrote a free ebook about the leg kick, one of my favorite techniques. I eventually put it up here on my blog as a How-to do a Leg Kick series. and it was a popular bunch of articles for a long time. However, this guide was only a basic introduction to the leg kick and I wanted to do more. So my first idea was to make an instructional video, but due to technical problems, the shoot failed. Then I started developing physical problems and couldn’t do a decent job anymore, so I shelved the project.
But I still wanted to do more.
So I eventually started writing a much more in-depth version of this guide, which turned into what is now “The Leg Kick: Your Ultimate Guide to Using The Leg Kick for Mixed Martial Arts.” If you read that original guide, you might wonder what is different in the book. Here are some details:
- First, there are lots more chapters, check out the picture here below. I tried to be as complete as I possibly can without turning the book into an encyclopedia.
- Next, there are 160 original pictures included, to illustrate the concepts, techniques and combinations in the book.
- In the book you get the link to a “Resources Page” I will make available on my site. It will feature additional content such as links to equipment, pictures, videos and more. Free of charge.
- To the best of my knowledge, this is the only book that focuses on the leg kick for Mixed Martial Arts in such great detail.
So all in all, I think it turned out really well and I hope you’ll enjoy the book and find it useful for your leg kick training.
I’m going to do two things I haven’t done before during the launch of this book:
- I’m giving a discount for a short, undisclosed time period right after the book is published. If you are a Patron or on my notification list, you will be the first to hear about it and also know when that period ends. That should give you more than enough time to buy the book at the lowest price possible. Once that time period ends, the price will go up.
- The first 100 buyers get access to a private Facebook group I created. In that group I will spend a few weeks giving additional information to help you use the information in the book: pictures, additional techniques, instructional videos, video analysis of MMA fights in which the leg kick is used, you can ask questions and much more. This is first come, first served (except for my Patrons; they get in for free) and once those 100 spots are taken, that will be it. Once all the content has been placed in the group and I stop posting, you will still keep your access to it. Important: you obviously need a Facebook account to be eligible for this and I will ask proof of purchase via email. Final instructions will follow as soon as I publish the book.
I think this is a fair and generous offer to those of you who want to support my work and are interested in the book. The offer is merely an incentive for you to get the book sooner rather than later.
That covers the most important information for now. There is more to come, but I’ll let you all know as publication comes closer.