It’s been a while since I did a video review, so here’s another one: The Fighting Footwork of Kuntao and Silat by Bob Orlando. I’m going to try something new from now on and do the review in video form instead of writing it all out. It’s easier for me and allows you to listen to the review any time, any place instead of having to read everything on my blog here.
That said, here’s my video review:
A sample of the videos:
Bob Orlando’s website.
- The Fighting Footwork of Kuntao and Silat by Bob Orlando
- The Fighting Forms of Kuntao-Silat
- Reflex Action: Training Drills to Fighting Skills
- Fighting Arts of Indonesia: Combat Secrets of Silat and Kuntao
- Indonesian Fighting Fundamentals: The Brutal Arts Of The Archipelago
- The Fighting Footwork of Kuntao and Silat Workbook (iPad/iPhone version, includes videos)
- The Fighting Footwork of Kuntao and Silat Workbook (PDF eBook, no videos)
- Here’s a video of Bob rag-dolling me around when I hosted a seminar with him, many years ago. This is the second one we shot then.
- Part 1 and Part 2 of an interview I did with him.
- My book review of Indonesian fighting fundamentals.
- A video on forms by Bob and some thoughts from me.
Thank you for this review. I have looked at Mr. Orlando’s videos with a lot of interest. Indonesian fighting arts interest me, but training of any sort, any training really, is hard to come by in my area. It looks like it may be worth the money to pick up at least the first video to explore as a Okinawan/Japanese stylist. I have Martial Arts America on my book shelf right now and need to finish reading through it, but it does give some insight into his thinking process. Or it seems at least.
Bob also has a bunch of articles on his website, check those out too.