Here’s episode two of my podcast: WDP 002: My background, fundamental concepts and Q&A
In this episode I give some background on my martial arts and self-defense training, explain fundamental concepts and also do a Q&A.
Sound quality isn’t optimal due to the recording equipment of this old webcast; the next episodes are much better so hang in there… :-)
- Some information about me, my background, martial arts and self-defense training, my professional background and so on.
- Hong Kong Brawl: https://www.wimsblog.com/2015/12/this-is-not-a-john-rain-short-story/
- Loren .W. Christensen books and videos: http://amzn.to/22GGXK6
- Dan Docherty books. http://amzn.to/1WEqMNq
2. Fundamental concepts.
- There are two fundamental concepts that influence my training, teaching and writing about martial arts and self-defense.
- Marc MacYoung’s email list: http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/animallist.html
- Marc MacYoung books: http://amzn.to/1XtZyKm
- Writing Excuses podcast: http://www.writingexcuses.com/
- Brandon Sanderson books: http://amzn.to/1XtXzWf
- Dan Wells books: http://amzn.to/1XtXAJY
- Howard Tayler: http://amzn.to/1XtXMbZ
- Learn from the masters: http://learnfromthemasters.nl/
3. Q & A. 24min,55Sec.
- Question from Tom Colbert about the differences between martial arts, self-defense and combat sports.
- From the Octagon to the street: https://www.wimsblog.com/2010/02/from-the-octagon-to-the-street/
- Ground fighting against a knife attack: https://www.wimsblog.com/2015/03/ground-fighting-against-a-knife-attack/
- Boxing for self-defense: https://www.wimsblog.com/2013/05/boxing-for-self-defense-is-it-effective/
Thanks for listening!
Please like, share and leave a review!
If you want to support the podcast while also getting access to loads of unique content, go to my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/wimdemeere
Subscribe to the podcast and automatically get the latest episode:
Leave a Reply