In this episode, I interview karate expert Iain Abernethy. He is one of the most popular instructors today and travels the world teaching seminars. He is most known for his approach to “bunkai”, which are the applications of the movements in kata. We discuss this and much more during the interview.
After we stopped recording, Iain proposed a project we could both work on and I said yes. It’ll take a bit of time, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. We’ll let you know when it’s ready.
- The basics of bunkai: https://www.iainabernethy.co.uk/articles/The%20Basics%20of%20Bunkai%20%28Kata%20Application%29
- Free ebook on bunkai for beginners: https://www.iainabernethy.co.uk/join-newsletter-and-get-two-free-e-books
- DVD Beyond Bunkai: https://iainabernethy.co.uk/shop/product/beyond-bunkai-a-holistic-naihanchi-tekki-shodan-close-range-flow-drill/
- Iain’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/practicalkatabunkai
- Okinawan Kempo by Choki Motobu: https://amzn.to/2HyeMsd
- Podcast The Masters Speak: https://www.iainabernethy.co.uk/content/masters-speak-podcast
- Aikido Pioneers – Prewar Era by Stanley A. Pranin: https://amzn.to/2HuzZY5
- Karate Throws Volume 1: Lifting Throws: https://iainabernethy.co.uk/shop/product/karate-throws-volume-1/
- The Iain Abernethy App: https://iainabernethy.co.uk/shop/product/330/
Get in touch with Iain:
- Email: email@example.com
- Site: https://www.iainabernethy.co.uk
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iainabernethy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/iainabernethy
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iainabernethy/
Thanks for listening!
Please like, share and leave a review!
Please support the podcast and get access to loads of unique content in return:
Subscribe to the podcast and automatically get the latest episode: